Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Saturday, June 1, 2013

I've some really interesting items

and have put them on my Etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/MyCrowdedLittleNest, i've been looking out for the gals who sew beautiful prim dolls and mohair animals, what i mean is i've been looking for items that would give those pieces antique feeling. Like these trims, notions and needfuls.

This is one of my favorite items in my shop, its vintage patterns for 3 cat head pot holders! Oh how i wish i could sew!!!!!! i'd make these all day in all different colors.



how wonderful would this beautiful silk thread edwardian styled trim look on a primitive or historical inspired doll

or how about these vintage game letters, the possibilities,


I use these all the time but i have extra and i like to change it up so i'm selling these and the light pink and white ones are velvet


I guess these would be great for bear makers????

 and finally vintage pin keeps are just fun to collect, the strawberry and orangey tomato are velvet.
lots and lots of other items as well so keep that in mind if your looking for old buttons, lace trims, notions,
or a gift for someone who loves vintage and retro items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008