Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Thursday, June 20, 2013

I've decided to visit more blogs and come out of my shell

I do follow some blogs, and have a few blogs that follow me. I dont want to follow 37 blogs as it would take up too much time, however i am going to visit them more often and if they have posted more recently i'm going to make an effort to comment. Also i went and visited blogs that my blogger "friends" followed. There were so many so i chose those with names that appealed to me. So i spent an hour this afternoon and saw many wonderful and beautiful pieces of art and great stories.  I found out someone had serious surgery, another just did a show, one going to show,yummy recipes,gardening tips and some starting on new work oh a lil Boston named Stella Rose and her property problems. It kinda made me sad that some blogs had just kinda died, i wondered if there was something good or terrible that is taking their time. Maybe some just arent blogging, anymore with facebook and twitter and insta gram and pinterest and etsy and ebay and websites. ugh too many options i suppose. I still dont get twitter, but i didnt get facebook for the longest either.
Thank you all for sharing your ideas and pictures with us all.

4 comments:

  1. I still love blogging and reading other's blogs. I'm glad I've found yours and thanks for visiting mine. I really have enjoyed it these past years since we've been traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I'm so glad you came by for a visit at my new blog! :) I am going to try to get back to blogging more often, too! I always love your art and enjoy seeing what you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog Carol. I had a hiatus from blogging and how right you are about wondering what causes one to stop. Issues good or bad. I'm back now and now I remember why I did it. More for me than for followers. Gives me a place to release something inside that facebook and pinterest do not. Have a creative day. I'm still thinking about the amazonian women from the circus, I Love Them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, blogging is fun and therapeutic. So I will always find the time.
    I too try to read blogs, but man I also don't want to spend my entire day in front of a computer screen. I try to find a balance. But some days are harder than others.

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008