Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Just Finished this Book and boy did i need that!


My friend Tee had stopped by this afternoon after a 2 week stay at Penland in NC and brought me a book that made me laugh out loud and realize we all make mistakes and not to take things so seriously.

OK the book is called REGRETSY  now how about coincidences!!!!!!
the book is by April Winchell and it is a hoot!!  the tag line is Where DIY meets WTF   and I can honestly say I read the entire book in about 2 hrs.  Highly recommend it.

Here are some of the gems from the book and taken from her etsy site.  but the commentary is the hilarity!





these are siamese embryos in charm form,  so many original ideas on this site I mean one of a kind!



 a cheese grater clock, the description included most of the cheese has been removed




 a hummingbird helmet feeder, now do you just stand there and wait for 2 birds or do you ride your bike and just hope



 these are from the site,  a sex burger print , hmmn the kitchen dining room or bedroom????? 



 a word to the wise inscribed bracelet   "Don't Get Butthurt"   I hear ya sister!




A lanturn light hat with butterflies,  great for a bad hair day or for going incognito.


 a um well I think i'll quote a spot in her book for this poor lil  pug
"the poor thing is sticking her tongue out at you, thats all she can do. There's a 3 day waiting period for a gun"  hee hee something like that




I think this is cross stitchery (pardon the pun) 


Look i'm not a mean person and i'm not a saint, art is subjective and i can tell you i have had my feelings crushed by comments others have made about my work BUT i do have a sense of humor and if its funny have at it.  If something can make me laugh giggle or just fall out it is a Masterpiece!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008