Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Monday, October 5, 2009

I take terrible pictures!

True I do take terrible pictures but one thing I know that isnt terrible are the lovely things I have gotten from my TDIPT sisters. I started out thinking I'd show my lil bit of Halloween decorating in my den and then realized almost everywhere I turned I had some folk art from the talented TDIPT gals. So here are the best of the blurry, off centered,dark and generally crappy photos.

of course there are more Boston thingies but you know the best Boston is my lil Henry(who is on my lap at this moment)Oh and the cutouts are from Big Brown Dog Primitives, the metal dog is a Hot Metal Mama piece


Now this is absolutely a horrid photo but its proof I own a Dogpatch Primitive piece (well I have a couple of Christmas ones)you can never have too many of her pieces! and you can see some Hot Metal Mama crows on the window sills and I still dont have enough of those rusty metal crows!


A very Brady Bear! Couldn't you just die?!


This lil doll from Curds-N-Whey is so precious! My mom keeps giving me the "guilt eyes" but she is not leaving this house with her.


This cardinal from Countryfolks Keepsakes touches my heart as it was inspired by my dad who passed away in 2005. Long story but this lil guy really is great.


another Hot Metal Mama crow!


Ahhhhh look at all the halloween lovelies from GoldiLoo Woodworks, Winding Vine Designs, Big Brow Dog Primitives,Hot Metal Mama,Beecharmers Cottage, Nostalgic Folk Art (giggle) and Curds-N-Whey.


here's one of my kitchen witches or kitchen angels and I do have some of my work here and there. Most are in my studio waiting for a good home but I randomly switch them out.


Ahem um well Audrey from Bay Ray's Child is my partner in a Christmas swap we gals at TDIPT are having and soon I'll have a fantastic piece of her's!
Oh and um look at this this very bare (well yes those are my bird in cages and yes they are for sale)metal tree that screams for another bird um possibley brown and or faded blue colors without alot of fanfare or plumage.

Just sayin!





And by the way here is a piece of "art" (the sign) my friend Tee from Hot Metal Mama picked up for me at the Deland Flea Market. hahaha Tee your so funny! Thats another metal Henry piece from her.


I guess you should check out the TDIPT Mercantile and shop for some wonderful home decor and gifts. Oh and theres gonna be a couple of giveaways there soon!

Yay!

3 comments:

  1. HA! I hear ya loud and clear girlfriend!

    I sure loved that you shared those pictures.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrible pictures? POPPY COCK! Loved looking through your amazing pieces and love how you have grouped them together ... everything is awesome Jinx - and you have showcased everyone's piece perfectly! but then, i never had a doubt *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everythin' looks FABULOUS Carol!! Oooooh, you're goin' to love whatever you get from sweet Audrey!! Hmmm... I have got to get me one of those signs. ;> )
    ~Peanut
    P.S.
    With this chilly weather, "Stan" may be headin' south. I'm sure you'll recognize him. He'll be the one with the lil' flannel on. :> )

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008