Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Thursday, January 2, 2014

Finally Finished a couple of pieces

now that all the hustle and bustle is done I can get back to work. Dan has been getting more and more involved in Nostalgic Folk Art and I am so thrilled to have his skilled hands help me. He had been doing all of my wood work and so check out our two newest pieces.
listed in My Crowded Little Nest Etsy vintage shop (under architectual,cottage home section) is this French Butcher inspired kitchen towel holder

or you could hang your pot holders, bbq utensils or whatever you like.

and  i've always been so in awe of those ladies who sew the most wonderful things, after honoring moms, these ladies are my 2nd most Santos i make in honor of.

this piece is in my Nostalgic Folk Art shop on etsy (in Folksy Ones section)




No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008