Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Saturday, November 13, 2010

What a Week! What a Day!

After a very bad week for my family, this day has been so wonderful! The sun is shining and the weather is fantastic and we are going to a neighborhood party tonight. A pan of my chicken is simmering in the oven and I just uploaded some pics to share of the 72 mile yard sale we went to this am, although we didnt do the entire thing we were gone for 3 hrs! In our rush to the next sale we left behind an antique doll bed ($3.00) ha ha ha, well it would of hurt more if I didnt get a McCoy white tulip water pitcher for $2.50 or some vintage canning jars for a buck and a few other goodies for next to nothing plus it was just so much fun the thrill of the hunt and to be outside on such a glorious day! Hope you enjoy the pics that turned out as there werent very many :)

First the bostons which always make me smile laugh or roll my eyes.

Breakfast for the boys, Henry to the right, Archie to the left.


Archie trying to get me to stay and play


Dan loading a box in the truck just in case we find something! Just like an Eagle Scout he's always prepared. And yes we used that box!


So beautiful along A1A where the yard sale runs




We pass Martins which is my favorite place to eat shrimp and lobster! They have surf and turf specials $13.95 for lobster and steak and i swear it is soooooo goooood!


Yahoo! the first sale along the way and got a set of Johnson & Johnson Bros dishes and Dan got an ugly chair!
Look at the house next to it with all the humongous pirate figures! AARRRRR




Back on the road


Faster than a speeding bullet! Superman has nothing on me when i see a Yard Sale sign!


Dan checking out the address of the next huge parking lot sale! Serious business huh?!


sigh i hate when things that are so cool fade away......





This is a vintage massager and if i still had Cultured Pearl's (my antique business) i would of gotten this lil gem for a 5 spot!









A slice of pizza for the ride home and finally skyping with KIPP!!!


Oh wait this was next to the pizza place and for obvious reasons had to take a pic!!! giggle



now off the get ready for this evening and EVERyONe HAVE THE BEST DAY POSSIBLE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008