Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Friday, November 19, 2010

Holidazzle was a Treat!




Yesterday was the Holidazzle Christmas show put on by our local museum. They invited 20 local artists to set up a for a Christmas show for members.
I didnt bring my camera but Tee Thompson of Hot Metal Mama did and am waiting for pics from her. Then you'll be able to see pics of her outstanding work(check this outwww.gainesville.com/article/20101118/articles/101119370) and some other wonderful pieces from that ladies there.



Anyway I got all these pics sent to me from the show and I really loved them because just randomly I was setting up and a photo was taken of that and a lil figure was showing that i hadnt set out yet and wasnt going to til later that evening.





But the coolest thing was here is a pic of a sweet lady who bought that particular lil figure, I guess she's showing it to someone at her table (lunch was served)



And here she's smiling! What a great gift this pic was. She had unwrapped it and was looking at it and smiling. My day and night has totally been made. What a really nice gesture sending that my way!





Thanks Virginia or Ginger Rivera of the Ormond Memorial Art Museum :)!!!
http://colorinformal.blogspot.com/ is her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008