Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hoping your Thanksgiving is as wonderful as it can be and wishing the best for you and happiness in something every day!

I know difficult times have come upon so many of us, including my own family, be it health issues, family dynamics, financial and a host of other problems that all of us face at one time or another. Life has its ups and downs and sometimes it just smacks us in the face with things we are unprepared for.

A family member is fighting a good battle right now with her health and there are momemts I am paralized with sorrow. Yet there are things that are good that happen throughout the day and i am grateful for them. I am thankful for everything my family has formed me to be, and the experiences I have had with them. I am so thankful for all the support and love they have given me throughout the years. No matter what happens, what the future brings I am so thankful I was born to my parents.

I am thankful to by the grace of God been born in this great country.
To have a wonderful family and friends, a place to live, and to be blessed to have the best job for me ever.

I am hoping that you find joy and happiness in your life and that this Thanksgiving you can enjoy all this is good in your life.

Now here is a bit of joy for you from me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008