Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Little Bit Of Light!


We havent had our new puppy long and well since sun. Henry hasnt really looked at me face to face. He is very upset that a new lil imp is in the house. He would leave the room everytime Archie would enter and refused to come to Dan or myself or play or even eat. He was ticked!!!! Henry is so loved and now isnt thrilled about sharing that but......... he actually got near him today and I have photos! Look at Henry's body language. Ears are back head to side when I called at him to take a pic. He wasnt having it. But he was curious and his curiosity is forcing him to "visit" with Archie. Archie cant wait to play with him.
Look whos coming Henry!

Geeze is he still around


Handsome Henry

Circling round each other

Contact is almost made!

a dog more bowlegged than Henry

Tomorrow is another day and these two should end up best of friends. fingers crossed.

7 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute!!! Henry will come around in time - he's just been the "only child" for so long....lol
    I spy some BEAUTIFUL THICK St. Augustine in your yard too! Would love to get ours looking like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...it's hard not to give in to Archie's cuteness. He is starting to melt Henry, a little at a time. Before you know it, they will be best buds. Cute Pics, Carol! Keep us posted! Hugs, Starla

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH How cute is that ! My heart just melts everytime I look at them. Yep they are going to best of friends and Henry is not going to know what to do without his little buddy.
    Hugs~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janelle Dan needs to cut the yard, soon I wont be able to see Archie, and that would be fine with Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I just love it!
    Those two are going to be kicking it with each other in no time!
    They are soooooooo adorable!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH...they are absolutely adorable!! Can you imagine what he was thinking when you brought Archie home...lol.

    Wishing you a wonderful day,
    DOreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, Henry is coming around!! Yippee! What sweet pics!!! Love the second one especially. My goodness, these baby pics of Archie makes me want to get another Boston! Uh-oh.
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008