Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Good Riddance Matthew!!! electric back on and things are starting to

get back to normal, Messy but blessed.

Cannot tell you how scary this experience was.   How sad i am for those who suffered great loss and yet i feel so blessed and grateful at the same time.

thought i'd share some pics of our experience.



heading home to my neighborhood and we can see power lines down


street lights and signs were down in places



 nearing our home and the mess, scary driving down the street, worried a tree limb would fall on us.


roofing debris throughout




pulling in around the corner and terrified to see the damage 



so happy to see the old little block beach house standing!
 we lost some shingles and aluminum from the roof and here is the back yard






 a tree limb crashed in our window and knocked the board off
but our window survived it!


lost the food in fridge and freezer  But cleaned the fridge out which was much needed apparantly

 for days this was my fridge and we did our best and had fun trying to make recipes for one surviving steak, and 4 chicken breasts.



we stayed at La Quinta which is dog friendly God Bless Them!!!!! and when we returned w/o electricity, we couldnt let our Archie suffer so he had his own battery operated fan.





sighs of relief and so grateful

1 comment:

  1. WHEW!!!! WHAT A RELIEF!! You have no idea how happy I am to see you posting!! Yes you have some damage, but darlin', as long as you, your hubs and the boys are fine the rest really doesn't matter. ♥
    Your adorable yellow Florida beach house had no intention on leaving when Matthew arrived. She stood mighty and strong!!!
    Sending everyone a HUGE hug from Central New York! Wish we lived closer. We'd help with the clean up. ♥
    Give the boys a smooch for me.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008