Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Week later

later and getting back to normal.  BUT FIRST HAPPY HAPPY HAPPIEST 7TH BIRTHDAY ARCHIE 



A little bit of deli cooked chicken and boy  was he happy, but Archie is happy every morning, every meal is so exciting for him, he is such a happy go lucky fella! 






  It's saturday and off to yard sales, and YES! there were some die hards having them even tho there is still so much debris around.

i've only had my new i phone for about a week, finally ditched the old flip top and came into the 21st century but its still uncomfortable. 

These pictures were taken with the phone, still haven't learned how to do close ups or adjust them very well sooooooo i'm still the worst at taking photos!

had a hard second finding this first sale  and this is why



but we found it,  still so much debris around and every so often we see a home with holes in the roof, today we saw a home that was completely destroyed, just a few streets north of us, near our Publix grocery store, just awful.

 disaster services parked at the local Catholic Church where Kipp went to school


over the beautiful bridge to a once every so often flea market set up near the library in Daytona Beach














 Dan getting ahead of me!




well i found this vintage beach paddle ball set with good graphics, my bedroom is like an old Florida Camp so thought these would look good on the wall in the bathroom, found a couple of old spice tins, celery and poultry seasoning, some metal and cabochon trim and a couple of vintage Christmas pins (my new obsession!)



1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, Archie!!! Seven already?! Man, where have the years gone?! I remember when you got him. ♥
    It id do scary to see how fast one's life can change after severe weather. But it's great to see the locals continuing with normal life even after a hurricane. Great finds there, Jinxie!!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008