Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Month New Work heavy heart

It's already November and what a month already, i'm so sad for our people in the north, north east and east coast who are sufferring from the deaths and damage hurricane Sandy caused.

living in Florida (one block from the beach), i really understand the fear and devestation (tho  greatfully i have never lost a loved one) of going thru this and property damage. it is shockiing and devestating. The way your life has been uprooted, even finding food and water can be daunting. Living without electricity is rough but our northern family is doing this thru very cold weather which is another challange. Stay strong. Our prayers are with you and it does take time, i know thats cliche, but you will get your "normal" back







New work for the Nov. Merc updates

A Bad Scrape (she about to lay into a bully)  and Short n Bread primitive wall Kitchen Angel/Witch








Head over to The Merc and see what the other gals are offerring!

1 comment:

  1. A very difficult time indeed for all who endured Storm Sandy...lots of prayers to be said for those in need right now.

    Carol, you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful, clever pieces. Always a story with each one and it makes me smile. You are an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008