Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Thursday, November 8, 2012

Last Friday

was so much fun, i was hanging out wth two T's, Tee Thompson and Trish Thompson both wonderful artists, one a metal sculptor and the other a painter. We went to yard sales, then to a fabulous antique place and then to lunch. up early couple, of goodies, dreaming of owning old faded things and finally becoming an old faded thing giggle. I was wore out!



here's some pics




First stop



Tee's First purchase of the day
 This was a good one ! it was indoors too

 a lone fisherman



typical Florida finds

 Tee and yard sale host discussing the virtues of a Preius, meanwhile i've got the shepard's hook to hurry her along
 Love the glasses
 this was disturbing, but we saw a bit of the circle of life  that morning.
 I know that piece makes me wanna swoon!
 Trish amoungst the primitives

 On to Riverside Antiques a nice sized shop with lots of goods

 On to The Bamboo Garden on Nova, its my favorite place to get sushi,
 kinda empty as its been around for ages and i guess people go to more hipster newer places
 but i've never, well once, had a bad dragon, its my FAVE! i always get that and a cup of soup and yep i down it all
 Tee has a spicey roll of something it had scallops in it so i wasnt interestd, Trish (no pic) had fried tofu in red curry sauce so good.
 so worn out. lunch then home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008