Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Monday, August 13, 2012

Heading to Atlanta

I've been super busy working on items that are heading to Folk Fest this coming weekend. Folk fest is a show where galleries all over the country set up in one place for an amazing art show. My work is being shown at Main Street Galleries set up.


My Native whirligig and table top weather vane will be there along with a few new items only to be seen at Main Street Gallery


I'll be heading down there on sat for a quick trip on sat to see all the wonderful one of a kind art works. Make no mistake this is for serious collectors of Outsider, primitive, folk and all unusual and different type of art work. Will update with pictures of all the wonderful and imaginative items.


Some of my galleries prefer a certain type of my work so if you dont see something you like on my website, please head over the the gallery section and maybe there may be something there that you may like from myself or one of the many other gifted artisans.
Having an original piece of art is a great way to show your original style and a lovely lil painting, sculputre or what not can bring you a smile every time you look at it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pieces, darlin'!! You'll rock Atlanta! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peanut your such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such wonderful handmades.... your work is always so amazing!! I Know you will kick some tail and take some names at the show ♥

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008