Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Friday, July 20, 2012

Collecting is Adicting!

Well thats a posting on Tdipt blog and its so true! I have tons of collections and cannot stop. Although i am having a yard sale sat. to get rid of some things i'm tired of, i'm sure i'll use the xtra cash to find something else needed in a bare spot in my home. Love love love architectual rusty chipppy and faded things, they are so frail and beautiful and craftmanship in these items is above and beyond the massed produced items today.

here are some pics of a small amount of my tons collections

Love the old colors and graphics in these tins on top of my fridge, geeze i think i can get a couple more in there!
Love vintage dishes, they really enhance our holiday dinning experience


and something about old garden tools and flower frogs make my indoors feel like a country outdoors, does that make sense?
Happy Collecting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Looks at all those lovelies!
    Ooooh, I love old tins too.
    Geez, I really don't think I have any real collections. Ay least anything I would consider a collection.
    I would LOVE to collect antique American flags but my pockets aren't deep enough for that. ;> )

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008