Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Monday, November 21, 2011

Such a Fun Week!


First a fun Christmas show, then the 75 mile A1A yard sale (pics forthcoming) and Riverfest.

Here are some pics of local artists at the Holidazzle event.

Patty Alexander, local photographer and mixed media artist with painter, I cant remember her name right now dang it,


Debrah Green


Hello Noel


Trish Viera painter and Noel jewelery maker


Nancy Neeb jeweler


Sexy Barbara in red (she works at the Ormond Memorial Museum)with the sweetest painter who also works in the art dept at the museum! She sold out her work early!


Carol Thornton painter and Linda potter and jeweler and beekeeper! Sorry the pic is so dark. i couldnt show tons because of my poor photo skills.



More wonderful work and local gals




Hey Janet see something you like?


Me and my lil area




Nov in FL (the view from my lil area)

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, and I'm so envious as everyone is wearing short sleeves, so that means it's warm there. I would rather be in FL in November than MI that's for sure!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE your "little area" Carol. Your pieces are so magical and I love how you've displayed them. That show is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Patty, it was a great idea and i hope i get invited again next year.

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008