Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Back in The Swing of it!

Can you believe it, all year long waiting for vacation and dang it sick during it! ugh but still had some great moments. Kipp was sick first poor fella and then you know how it goes, when one in the family gets it we all do. Anyway here are some Roll vacation photos i'd like to share of Gaitlynburg, TN.

Main view from the cabin we rented



Henry's vacation spot.


my shadow, Archie


A Boy and his dog





our first family outting, Kipp and i feeling a bit tired and i couldnt finish the short trail, should of known what was coming and loaded up on vitamin c




I'll stay here ya'll head on

and ta da trail completed


Cade's Cove,

if you look real close you'll see a bear in here. Lord some people were so rude in the bear jam. i mean take a pic or two and move on people!

there were deer in there



Dan's solitary hike (the sick ones were at the cabin)







final night, finishing up our poker tournament and out to dinner






Hope you enjoyed seeing some of our vacation pics. I cant wait to get back there next year or somewhere in TN, Oct/Nov is a beautiful time there.

2 comments:

  1. I sure did enjoy seeing your vacation pics Carol! What beautiful scenery, and it looks like you had some good quality family time, and a good time had by all.....despite being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.....just noticed who seemed to be the lucky poker player that night!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008