Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's Been So Crazy Over Here!

I haven't had a moment to just sit and update my site or blog. Actually had some computer problems but thanks to Jan at Big Brown Dog Primitives/Graphics all is well for now. If you need some beautiful things done to your site or need a site, check out her's and i promise you, she will be courteous and efficient! Love her!

Ok so those problems aside i'm just going to post some pics from a bit,
here are pics from Mt.Dora and it was so dead!!!!! I ended up purchasing a few lil things but my "big" piece was a vintage turkey transfer ware platter. Thats my sis, my mom Dan and me










Also havent posted pics of the boys and here they are. Henry wasnt ready for his pic and turned away (as usual) giggle I keep trying to get a pic of Archie smiling and you should of seen all the pics i had to delete in trying. enjoy the rascals!






And the very main reason so busy over heya is Kipp has returned from Ireland. I cant believe its been almost a year it doesnt seem that long ago. Anyway here are the dogs loving him giggle and man do they adore him. Its like i've left the building, cept when its breakfast time. Lots for Kipp to do, even just getting his room back in order for him (i had been using it for storage from all the stuff i need to put in a yard sale) and even figuring out groceries. Man can my boys EAT! all of them so work work work for me. But its normal again and i dont feel that tinge of fear of having him a foreign country, even tho Ireland is one of the safest places on the plant. But now he's home and all is normal. well........






And finally this..... Dan and i were going to yard sales this past saturday and saw the heat was so danged bad even the sign neede help to stay up!

1 comment:

  1. Carol, looks like a fun time w/ family at Mt Dora!!

    always love seeing the pics of Henry and Archie, and it's so nice to see Kipp at home. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008