Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Truly Best Day Ever!



Oh look at the face on Dan! We are letting the boys out one last time before we head out to Mt. Dora for the Renningers Antique Extravaganza. It is one of our favorite things, hunting for treasures for the house and for our folk art.

It is an excrutiating hour or so drive and once there


my heart starts to race and i envision all the wonderful things to see! Look at all the cars!


Admission for two please


I'm just gonna post some pics for ya'll to see. We got a few lil things but not the crock we were hoping to find. I mean they were there but yeesh the prices were pretty high.






4 comments:

  1. OH Carol you have made me blue. Myself and a group of girls would go to renningers a couple of times a year and to see the line of cars to get in brought back fond memories. I must make an effort to go again. I know how wonderful the shopping there can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to come visit and go with you to this!!!!! wowowowowow what fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on down! and Joji if you go again contact me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!! I bet that was a blast!! I love going to flea markets but unfortunately they do tend to jack up the prices.
    We have a big one near us come August. I usually come home empty handed but with a belly full of fried dough. :> )
    I know I tell you this all the time, but you are as cute as a bug's ear!! ♥
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008