Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Wednesday, April 28, 2010

High School Reunion ugh!

I saw a dear old friend of mine (Lori) last sat. at her aunt's 80th birthday party and of course our high school reunion came up, its this June or July. Went to the 10th and it was ok but not enough time for me had passed and my awkwardness (good word for it) was in high gear.
It is now our 30th reunion and for some reason I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and a tad curious.
Previously I had seen a gal who graduated a year before me, while ordering at a bakery in town, and she was all amped about her reunion and was kinda admonishing me for not wanting to go to mine. I respectfully and repeatedly told her I wasn't a popular kid and reunions were for them and maybe for the kid who felt the need to show out not the awkward girl who blended in the crowd. Thankfully our order was up and I could get the heck out of there!
Ok let me back track to my dear friend Lori, we met in the 7th grade. We were both new to the school and area. Our first day at school we were paraded around together, introduced and shown the school and our classes. Although she was very nice to me, in the 7th grade my 12 year old figure was more like a 7 year old and hers was already um well formed :) Plus she had the face of a goddess, a combination of a young Goldie Hawn and Brooke Sheilds. Me, geeze I looked like the uglier twin of Kristie McNichol. Life can really stink sometimes and for a very immature and awkward 12yr old this was pretty stinky! But even tho everyone wanted to be her friend she found time for me, plus she lived the next street over (hee hee). Anyway back to the reunion.
She wanted me to go and hang out and told me to check out our (giggle) official high school reunion website. I did and whoaaa!!! Never knew this was there and even added myself to the mix even getting some emails from a couple of gals from back in the day. That was sweet and lovely.
So the 2 gals I hung with the most are going to the reunion and I decided to go to the cocktail thingie and not the dinner. Its a good compromise.


My son checking into his college dorm. He comes home this thurs! It wasn't that long ago ...... How time flies!

2 comments:

  1. Carol, you are so sweet, and there is no way I will ever believe you looked like Christy M! I'm so happy to hear you will go to your reunion....you have so much to share and so much to be so very proud of! I know you're gonna be so happy you decided to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! You look adorable and what a nice looking young man!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008