Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Sunday, July 19, 2009


The following day after the hike I needed to just stay at the cabin and hang out with Henry. Dan and Kipp went golfing and I made what is now called vacation lasagna. Its where your not in your own home with your own spices and pots and pans or your regular grocery store (not knowing where everything is so forgetting things and too tired to go back)and you just throw stuff in a pot and let it cook all day long. Actually its pretty darn good and now it is to be a Roll tradition. It was hamburger, can of tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, regular seasoning, and whatever cheese we had in the fridge. I didn't even bother to skim the grease and it kept the lasagna noodles from sticking to the pot. I was really tired from that hike! But it turned out good in a salty heavy satisfying comfort food way.


The last day we went to Cade's Cove and had a delicious picnic. We saw a bear there and that was really exciting and of course some deer. We went to Roaring Forks and then out to dinner. Exhausted and sad to say good bye to this wonderful area but we saw some beautiful sites, had lots of laughs, relaxed, and met some great people. Can't wait to go back!!

3 comments:

  1. First thing I have to say is Kipp is a hunk. :)
    I love Henry's driving. Love the pictrue of you & Starla, your both dolls. I want to go to the smokies too! Look like a great time. ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol!
    Welcome to blog world!

    I really enjoyed visiting.

    I hope to get the chance to visit Tennessee one of these days. I was there as a child and even then I thought it was beautiful.

    You're headed in the right direction as far as blogging goes.

    Good Luck and have fun!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. your sweet Kipp is as handsome as they come Carol!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008