Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Sunday, November 26, 2017

Gardened and decorated for Christmas this weekend

so here is my flowering garden that is spent this morning weeding and pruning

here are some monarch caterpillars, i love them!

 here's another one heading to another milkweed plant
 Archie is always hoping to play ball
 widening the overgrown paths
 a few surprises hidden here and there


 gotta do more pulling up the dead zinnias
 2 yrs ago, my dear friend Andrea got me this plant for my birthday, the first year it was burgandy , the second year they were yellow, this year, they are burgandy with yellow tips. So cool! like Andie!
 some of my favorite old ornies






 old bottle brush trees are irresistible to me and then there's this Santa in a stocking that is just so wonderful
 on a chest in the den, items Kipp made when he was in grade school, and some lovelies from dear friends and an old plastic Santa that lights up
 kitchen window
 vintage plastic tree topper
 tree full of vintage plastic santas and snowmen and a few other characters
 the only snowman i have kept that i've made, had him for 2 years now
 my metal tree full of antique glass fruit and glass garland
 snack time
 a handmade runner with a danish modern reindeer plate and old music
 a huge burst made from paper with just the right amount of fading
 a collection of santas from my inlaws and 2 santas i made 12 yrs ago (from a mold) and a couple of bells and antique spun cotton fellas
 my most favorite thing in my home decor, i added vintage angels and a tree for her to watch
 and until later





1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed this post! I love your garden, paths and all... And, your old ornies are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008