Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Monday, July 20, 2015

Still reeling and so much hurt but these words are helping me

easier said than done but this helps me deal with a sick loved one, and reflect on my friend of 24 yrs who lost her husband in a very sad and heartbursting way.  So please don't sweat the small stuff in life, there are hurts and there are HURTS. some things are fixable.

My friend is so strong and this is so unfair and though my heart is with her, i know its just not enough right now, i know she wants him back, we all do. Very very much.
She is a young widow, her husband, Rick, was so magnetic,truly one of a kind, he took such care of her, loved her more than himself. That was one of the few things i knew for sure in my life.


 i'm a rambler and terrified i'll say something stupid (probably have)and don't know what to do to make it better.  



We miss him so much and hurt for her so much.



1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine her and her children's loss and pain. There are no words. All you and your hubs can do is be there for her and the kids, which I know you both already are doing. ♥

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008