Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Saturday, November 15, 2014

Did the yard sale gamut today!

all the way to St. Augustine and found a few goodies. Very crowded and the traffic was a mess but fun fun fun.

off to a great start


ok lets go!!!!


such a wonderful drive  (wish i could take good pics!)




Aaaahaaaa our first yard sale

 OMG we see some friends Ray and his lovely wife Debbie

off we go again and get to some more sales

passing the Tommy Tant surf contest in Flagler, 



Dan not finding anything here but there are more sales to see


 sales were everywhere

 over the bridge to get to St. Augustine
 you can see the fort through the bridge gates
 Flagler college in he background
 more fort pics


ah heck it was too much to stop and take pics so i just stopped, plus my photos are always so bad.

we found a few goodies and i am adding them to  My Crowded Little Nest as the days come
ended the day eating lunch at a church (they had a parking lot sale and chicken dinners inside)

whoop whoop what a day!!!!!

oh some of my findings (well you have check out my etsy shop for pics)

Victorian Valentines some from the 1800s
die cuts from that era as well
a kitchen scale (keeping for myself for awhile)
an old book
some fun pulp fiction paperbacks
couple of old games
vintage bingo cards
old tins
an old wood tool chest
a pig cookie cuter
lil tin tea cup and saucer
a vintage alligator cookie jar


No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008