Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hope your having a great day!

I really do! A caring dad is one of the greatest things on this planet. My dad passed away in 2005 but I really do feel like he is around sometimes.
Today i saw a cardinal and knew he was around. The cardinal is a special bird to me, the first year he passed on Father's Day, Dan and i were sitting in our backyard and a cardinal flew over us and landed on the wire over our head. The beautiful bird just sat there unafraid.  Each time my Boston Terriers (2) died, a cardinal flew by. My dad liked flying and he was pretty majestic to me, so when i see a beautiful bird (my fav is a cardinal) I think of my dad.




anyway it started out as a rough day because i had to take Henry to the vet. He scratched his eye/cornea (well Archie did playing around) last night. poor thing, i have to put this cream in his eye every 2 hrs for 48 hrs. no sleeping for us which compounds my anxiety. Henry has to wear a cone and he hates it, he doesnt know he has to keep it on, no exceptions til thurs night.hopefully he'll figure out how to navigate better with it one.

on the way home from the emergency vet, a cardinal flew by the front of our car.









No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008