Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Thursday, February 6, 2014

Can you help me?

I am looking for a set of these dishes. I have 4 plates, a creamer, one coffee cup, one bread plate.
I LOVE this set and am willing to trade out with my other collectible dish set. (Blue Ridge) or purchase them from you whatever you may prefer.


this pattern reminds me of when i was a little girl in Miami and they just make me happy.



5 comments:

  1. The pattern is Modern Leaf and is the only one of the Blue Ridge patterns that I was familiar with. It is also evidently one of the least available, but I did find this on ebay--
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-RIDGE-Southern-Potteries-Modern-Leaf-Dinnerware-11-Pieces-Asst-Handpainted-/141185862680?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20df554c18

    11 pieces for $25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much JenClair! Your kindess is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another place to check out is www.replacements.com. The place is amazing and will even help you identify china patterns by photos you send them. You can register a pattern request with them if they don't already have it and notify you if/when pieces come available. Good luck- love the dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lurena, I checked them out, AND i purchased the ones on ebay! I'm thrilled to have coffee cups in this pattern. I now have 5 plates! slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so sweet! I'll keep my peepers peeled. If I see any, I'll give you a holler. :> )

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008