Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ive been neglecting my blog and site because

etsy has become an obsession with me. My inlaws are in town for about a month more and so i'm not getting alot of work done BUT i am listing more of my goodies on  My Cluttered Little Nest vintage shop. Items for those who need vintage trims and what nots for their work and lil collectible items for those vintage hoarders like me.
here are some things for sale.

vintage bottle caps, a must for the creative gal, think hats or wheels


darling vintage display of children's buttons from a bit ago.

eyes for you doll makers


vintage sequins, i can see these on mermaids well thats what i use them for mostly


 vintage spools, like the bottle caps i see wheels and hats or stems for mushrooms for pin cushions!



well if i could sew i'd probably make a sweet lil dress out of this or maybe frame it for a primitive kitchen

Love love love these and have some for myself! I'm going to force my friend who sews to make me a garland for my kitchen window, stained sides facing out of course.
also my Nostalgic Folk Art etsy shop is doing good FINALLY, i've had it for a couple of years and never really paid attention to it but i'm almost tempted to just close my website and do that. with me tho i go on a tear and then settle down. Who knows i'm a bit spread thin so maybe just a couple of items here and there.

Oh i've never done an airedale dog before or a mutt, it seem bostons and bulldogs are my hearts desire(those flat faces and round eyes kill me) but i just sent this lil one out and maybe i'll take more requests for breeds.



The possibilities are exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008