Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Sunday, February 3, 2013

Goings and Doings

Oh geeze its been so bzy in my neck of the woods,  so i'm just gonna share some photos of my coming and going and seeing and doings this past week or so.

The other day,


I'd like to introduce Emily of Catfish Studios! She moved here recently from  Pa and we met at a yard sale of all things! She and David had a lil Boston terrier girl and a bond between us began!
 Anyway she is an artist who make really cool jewelery, all styles.  Look at her wonderful studio i could just hang around there looking for hours.
 I cannot get this picture straight for some strange reason????????

Emily has her work at The Florida Musuem for Women artists, but you can find her work  on her site at
www.catfishstudio.com


previously,

Dan and i went to Mount Dora to Renningers. we found a lil bit of goodies but most everything was too expensive for our pockets.

oh the anticipation




look at the sweet babies, i could of spent hours with these gorgeous bassetts
this lil fella had a long braid but that picture didnt come out!

and after that,

we went to see Greg and Beth Miliken and went to Jeanne Taylor Gallery in Sanford. Greg and Beth buy lots of folk art and their home is like a gallery!





some of  Greg's work
I love the old Florida feel of some of his paintings

this picture really made me smile and Greg and Beth gave it to me!!!

Beth and me outside of the gallery, she ended up buying a black Madonna carved Santos
Beth and Greg are wonderful people and Greg's work is so amazing!!!!

off to a super bowl gathering tonight and hopefully a peaceful monday! I gotta get to work!

2 comments:

  1. What fun is right!! A fellow artist with a Boston Terrier?? I already know that gal is a sweetheart!!
    Love all the art!!
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008