Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Art In The Park Ormond Beach Florida

My very first art show was in Art In the Park Ormond Beach and i think it was in 2005. It rained the first day and i was thinking, what am i doing and why am i here, what a disaster. However as it happens alot in FL, rain is sporatic and when the rain stopped, i actually made some sales and even an award. I do have a soft spot for this show and did it again but for me, its a bit too hot to set up in May so i'm kinda just strolling around the show enjoying it but never say never. Anyway here's a couple of pics of my 2 fav artists there and Scott Heistand is an amazing painter as well as one of the best sculptures I have EVER seen. His work is top notch and you can see more of it at his site http://www.scotthiestand.com. Unfortunately, i mean Fortunatley and expectantly at this time he had some sales and you dont see alot of his work, Kudos to him! His lil birds are my favorite and if you could only see them!
David Mallory is showing for the 2nd year at this show and his turned wood pieces are really unique and yet they would look good in any home. They are beautiful and functional as well. He is so detail oriented. No site for him yet but he is just gonna have to bite the bullet and get one going.
Just a reminder, when your at an art show, please remember to ask if its ok to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008