Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Monday, September 26, 2011

And speaking of Boys, Bowersock has a new location!

The Bowersock Boys, Steve and Mike who own and run Bowersock Gallery in Provincetown MA, have opened a new gallery here in Florida! Mount Dora Florida, which is one of the sweetest lil towns in the state. Full of vintage finds, fabulous shops, restaurants, and architecture. And now that Steve and Mike are in town the best art gallery in the state!





The gallery is located at 137 E 4th Ave. Mount Dora, Fl 32757 and it should be up and running right about NOW! If your visiting the Orlando, Daytona Beach or surrounding areas come in and visit Mount Dora and of course Bowersock Gallery.

I saw Steve and Mike setting up and doing last minute touch ups before hanging and placing the art they have for sale. Here are some pics of the gallery in get mode process.


Finishing touches


Hi Steve!


One of Steve's beautiful dream like painitngs. Love the egrets!!!


um an action photo. geeze i guess i need a belt! or a longer tee!


that's better



My mom inspecting (really wondering which one she should of kept giggle)She has about 100 figures and some she really needs to toss! She is a paper mache figure hoarder!

Wishing you tons of success!



so Dan, My mom and i had a lil lunch and then went home, it was a great way to spend my birthday!


1 comment:

  1. oh Carol, how exciting! The gallery is off to a very good start and certainly on the right track to success if they carry your work! I sure can understand why your mom would be checkin out the figures...they're all so magical, each in their own special way.

    I love the painting!!!!!!!!!!!

    What a fun way to spend your birthday, and you, Dan and your mom are just as cute as can be :)

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008