Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nostalgic Folk Art Updates on The Merc

Happy March! it's update time again for The Merc and here are my offerrings this Month

A lil Flower Girl


An interpretation of an antique doll, Nostalgic Folk Art style of course


and my fav piece this month, paying tribute to our best friends ever, the dog and the courage and strength of forgivness. sometimes it is so hard to do but who can teach us better than our pooches!



The Merc is having a birthday celebration so click on the button on the right and register to win one of several prizes that are being given away. Some really great work contributed by TDIPT's artists, also check out The Merc to see the updates for the first of the month and then come back for the updates on the 15th.


Oh so happy spring is here!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I look forward to the first of each month to see the fantastic, creative pieces you come up with! I love them all!
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peanut! ditto my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008