Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Friday, November 20, 2009

Think I'm Calm enough now....

I just received a box from my new bestest friend, Audrey Baker aka Bay Ray's Child!!!
She was my swap partner in our yearly Christmas swap. God knows these are the best swaps and the Christmas ones usually have the gals going all out!! And Audrey went all out!! Here are some pics of the goodies she made and sent me. I'll do my best to list everything but as you can see there is a ton os lovelies!!! ok in no order, a unique ornie of a lil gal with small vintage looking trees as embellishements, heart garland, vintage styled garland, white choc coco mix, lindtz chocs,biscotts, blocks, 2 wood duck forms for me to paint and distress,wood prim shoe form, wooden bowl for 2 of 3fantastic birds, look at the one with the lil strawberry AWSOME!, small figure of a boston, primitive just Lovely Santa which I adore, and last but certainly not least a painted HUGE almost life size metal figure of Henry. Looks so much like him and I am so thrilled and overwhelmed at Audrey's generosity, kindness and talent. Thank you Audrey!!! Check out her site Bay Rays Child to see more of her beautiful wares!!!!!! Enjoy the pics!




4 comments:

  1. Oh Carol, I am so happy you were pleased with your goodies and I am just loving everything that you sent me!
    I just keep staring at your beautifully crafted handmades. How ever did you do that?
    They are just AMAZING!

    You're the BESTEST my dear friend!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Audrey your the best! And now I am ready to start decorating for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAROL ! I need you t pack that all up and send to me! There was a mistake and Audrey was MY swap P.....We are suppsoed to get 2 swap P's this year.REALLY! DO IT DO IT !
    .... really though,love all your stuff, really love Henry painting.Hugs~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are both the very BEST! Carol, you really hit the jackpot this time around. Audrey spoiled you good! I sure love the Santa, and the HENRY, OMG, outstanding! What fun and yummy goodies she sent along to go with the handmade treasures! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008