Nostalgic Folk Art was born in 2004. I came up with Nostalgic Folk Art name for my paper mache figures because I love the older things that remind me of my childhood and of innocent times. They are figures of folks both childish and impish and I love vintage folk art so putting nostalgic with folk art was/is a perfect and fitting name for my lil figures and business. I feel so blessed and thankful to God for being able to make these little pieces and hope they make you smile.


Thank you for taking the time to visit!







And when your done visiting here, I'd love for you to check out my work on my etsy shop, www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicFolkArt











The Best to you always!

















Monday, April 19, 2021

Lots of rain this week and i do love

 being safe inside when its dark and rainy.   Able to do some work and finished this kitchen angel called Feed Your Soul, i know i name alot of my kitchen angels that but i just love that title and i wish that for those who accept it.      pulling up my blog to post this, i came across an old To Dwell In Primitive Thymes blog of a group of primitive folk artists i used to belong to.   They closed in 2013 and did that break my heart.  We all scattered tho i do imagine some of the gals still keep in touch, i do with one gal and kinda with with another but no matter the time that passes i will always carry a special place for the gals there and much love for a handful of them. God Bless Jan!  Patty Peanut Cookie Audrey and others the work they did was so lovely  and so were/are they.   sigh    i guess with my mom fading it makes me reminisce more and with age and time softens feelings and appreciate the good people that come in your life.     here are some oldies that i think i had for sale on To Dwell in Primitive Thymes











Feed your soul is on my Etsy shop












2 comments:

  1. Carol, I, too, miss that group and others! 😔
    Your creations always make me smile. I miss blogging... think I’d better catch up and do a few posts myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lanis you gals will always have a place in my heart no matter how much time passes.

      Delete

My First Written Review/Kinda like your first dollar, I treasure this dearly

"Carol Roll is a relative new-comer, creating folk art for four years, now. Her paper mache figures reflect significant talent. At first glance, her angels, people, mermaids, and animals may appear cute and dear. At closer look, they are sophisticated, with detailed, expressive faces, each unique. Roll's work is anything but mass produced. It's the real deal. "

Linda Knopf Southern FolkArt Magazine 2008